Saturday, February 20, 2010

Last night, I went out with an old friend. Without God having brought him into my life, I probably wouldn't be saved and would not have stayed at the church. While we were talking, I started reflecting on many of the things that God has done in my life in the past twelve years. I started to write them down last night. I thought I would think of maybe one or two dozen things. But, I am in the hundreds already and nowhere near done.



Some of the things are big. I used to fall over because my right hip would start to hurt terribly. A rheumatoligist told me I needed a hip replacement and that I would be at least partially disabled for life. I actually got a handicapped parking placard because it was so bad. One day, in the parking lot, Pastor Matthew saw me and prayed for my hip. It has NEVER hurt since.



There are so many other big things...and there are so many much smaller ones as well.



But, what it showed me is that God was taking care of me even before I knew Him. He was reaching out before I even knew He was real. And He has taken care of me ever since. Those can sometimes be just words that we write or say, but we need to be able to embrace them and understand that God is taking care of us...all that we see and so much more that we never see.



I have watched this church grow from a few hundred to thousands. From having a few ministries to hundreds. From reaching a few people to reaching tens of thousands every week. I have watched individuals grow into the amazing callings that God has given each of them.



Reflection is the best way to realize how much God loves us and how much grace we have each been given. It truly makes you thankful for the amazing life and opportunities that we have.



Take a moment and sit back and just think about all that God has done for you...it really does change your perspective on everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment